Every bride wants the wow factor, something everyone will remember from the wedding. Here are some ideas to give your wedding that special touch
- Family Unity Candle This is if you don’t do a unity candle at your ceremony. At the reception place the unity candle at the head table. Before you make your grand entrance ask your MC to explain about the candle at the head table. The candle at the head table is to unite both families together. After you have made your grand entrance and your guests have calmed down, get your MC to call on two family member (one from the brides side and one from the grooms), it could be a parent or someone who wasn’t part of the wed-ding. They then come and light the unity candle with the \bride and groom.
- An exchange of gifts If you and your partner are exchanging gifts, do it at the reception. This will let your guest see another side of your relationship in a ‘personalized way’
- E-Messages from the “best wishes” hotline Ask one of your friends if you could use their phone (with an answering machine) or even email ac-count and send the information with the wedding invitations, let your guests know that if they cannot make it they are more than welcome to leave a message on congratulating the couple. Which will be read out loud by the MC at the receptions
- Have a coloring contest for the kids You more than likely have a few small children (and children at heart) at your wedding. They will be more than likely running around or squirming in their seats during supper and speeches. Have a table off in the corner with coloring pages and crayons. Get your MC to announce the coloring contest. Before the dancing begins have your wedding party pick out a winner (don’t forget to pick up some small prizes)
- Perform a song This can be done at the ceremony or the reception. At the ceremony (if you are musically talented) sing your vows to your partner to be. I have seen this a couple of times and all the guests had tears in their eyes because it was so beautiful. At the reception you can do the same thing sing a song to your partner, or the two of you do a duet.
- Karaoke If you are a big fan of karaoke, rent (or bring your own) machine. It gets your guests involved and they will have a blast
- Put on a choreographed dance routine This is best done as a surprise. You can have your whole wedding party involved or it can be just you and your partner. Your guests will love it and hey who knows one of your guests might even put it on YouTube.Hope the seven suggestions has inspired you with your wow factor for your wedding. Congratulations to the both of you! We would love to hear from you, join our Facebook Fan page send us an email with your wow factor expereince or past stories.